Presbyterian Women, the oldest and largest mission partner of the PC(USA), is 230 years old. 2018 marks 30 years since the former women’s organizations united to form Presbyterian Women.
We gather to nurture our faith, support missions, work for justice, and build community. We encourage you to join the warm embrace of intentional relationship in whatever terms your life story permits. We welcome all by supporting each other and learning to rest in the promise of God’s presence. This is the heart of WRPC PW, a desire to journey together in Christian love.
- Circles– Each of the four Circles meets on the second Monday of the month. Three Circles follow the Horizons Bible Study, one discusses contemporary literature, and all provide fellowship and mission opportunities.
- General Gatherings- Several general gatherings are held during the year to which all women of the congregation are invited. They include a light meal or refreshments and a program.
- Flower Duty- The sanctuary flowers are given each week except during Lent by individuals or families in honor or memory of loved ones. Presbyterian Women administer the sign up of donors. If the donors do not wish to keep the flowers, circle members deliver them to shut-ins.
- Hostess Duty- Circle members serve coffee and lemonade during a time of fellowship following each 11:00 AM Sunday service.
- Care- Whenever there is a death of a member of the congregation, Presbyterian Women show their love and concern for the family by providing a meal or reception at the time of the funeral or memorial service.
- Helen Wright Center Meals- Meals for this homeless shelter for women are provided by a Circle three times a year.
- Together in Servicelocally- Mission opportunities include Wake Relief Food Pantry, Urban Ministries, WRPC Feeding Ministry, Backpack Buddies, Loaves and Fishes, Meals on Wheels, Children’s Hope Alliance, and the Helen Wright Center.
- Together in Service Globally – Hearts with Haiti and WRPC Missionaries in Madagascar
- Together in Service Ecumenically – Fellowship of the Least Coin and Church Women United