We are called by God to be artists of a new creation. This creative vocation is a sign of the new life that is ours in Jesus Christ. By the power of the Holy Spirit, we have received gifts of imagination, creativity, of poetry and song, of dance, drama and vision. How will you use those sacred gifts? We hope that you will be inspired as you seek to respond to your creative calling.
The WRPC Arts Ministry affirms that all people embody the divine creative spirit. We seek to glorify God through studying, appreciating, and creating art that inspires worship, enhances education, and engages the community we serve.
Sacred Threads is a biennial quilt exhibition of more than 300 quilts exploring the themes of spirituality, inspirational, joy, grief, healing and peace/brotherhood. After the main exhibition ends, 36 quilts are chosen to travel the country for the rest of the two years.This traveling exhibition will be at West Raleigh Presbyterian until Sunday January 26, 2020 before it travels on.
Guided viewings of the exhibit are offered by Arts Ministry volunteers each week during the following "visiting hours":
- Sunday afternoons, 12:30-2:00
- Monday afternoons, 1:30-3:00
- Thursday evenings, 6:30-8:00
- Friday mornings, 10:00-11:30
Our Closing Reception and Celebration of the Quilts will be Saturday January 25, 2020 at 5:00 until 7:00. Please come if you are able.
- Bearing Witness Exhibit
- Arts Ministry Presents: ART INSPIRED BY THE CELTIC TRADITION
- Amy Veatch and Martina Noble Present: SUBLIMINAL SURPRISES
- Pop Up Arts & Crafts Sale
- Fast Fashion
- Introducing Icons, Glimpses of Heavenly Mystery
- Charles Pettee - Artist in Residence
- Celebrating the Music of Tom Lohr
- Come Darkness, Come Light - A Puppet Pagaent
- All Creatures Great and Small
- Views of the Psalms